Follow The Author

25 Sept 2013

Love & Magical Creations

In the span of my existence, I have had the opportunity to meet variant forms, shapes and sizes of people and personalities.

Each personality, celebrating characteristics that add a morsel to their individual completeness.
In bed with these characters lie greatness, morality,subtlety,humbleness, aspiration, inspiration, love and humility.

However, like the proverbial fork and spoon, along with them appears a bunch who share negligible appreciation and love for God's other Magical Creations, that strike all the right chords in my heart.

While many share the love of hearing the roaring sea, while planting themselves on a sandy shell sprayed beach, there are very few individuals I've met of equal age that share my passion for either plants, animals or both.

I often wonder- what triggers these feelings within me that others often remain indifferent towards?

Is it that I relate them closely with my childhood and thus this surge of emotions froth up to the surface each time a four legged fur-ball is spotted from the corner of my eye?

Much of my most cherished memoirs from the early years with my father definitely involves me cuddling and squishing my puppies, training them, feeding them, learning how to bathe them and most importantly learning how to take responsibility of a life other than my own.

Tis' true I have never felt more responsible for anyone else in my life. Which is perhaps why most pet owners tend to refer to their pets as "their" babies.

Well, I am yet to have my own human child and many may argue that it is an entirely different feeling - yet, to date I stand by the statement while it is probable to be different, it cannot be so in its entirety.

Learning to love, learning to care, learning to look after another being irrelevant of their shape, size and personality is so important and noble.

And so I sit here today and reflect, and as I write it becomes more clear to me. I feel happy and lighter that I have been able to quench a query ailing me forever and a day - why do people not share my love for magical creations?

It's simple really. Contrary to my prior military beliefs on the matter : It does not mean that these individuals are incapable of loving and nor are they heartless and frozen to the core. It means that the memories they cherish are different from mine, and they probably brim and simmer with emotions about other things that their favorite memoirs of life are married to.

And so my words end today with a special mention to my Mum and Dad, for instilling in me the ability to love beyond species and reason.

Honestly? I would not have it any other way.

Total Visited

Flag Counter