Follow The Author

31 Oct 2013

Grammar Pattern 1

Grammar Pattern 1: Yes/No Questions
[Note: Use the first question word in your answer!]
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each question and answer out loud!
1. Do you have a pet? Yes, we do. / No, we don't.
2. Does she like to study? Yes, she does. / No, she doesn't.
3. Did you see it? Yes, we did. / No, we didn't.
4. Can you speak English well? Yes, we can. / No, we can't.
5. Is she from here? Yes, she is. / No, she isn't.
6. Are you from a big city? Yes, we are. / No, we aren't.
7. Are they going to come? Yes, they are. / No, they aren't.
8. Will you go with us? Yes, we will. / No, we won't.
9. Were you at home last night? Yes, I was. / No, I wasn't.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!

1. Do you speak English well? (Yes I do. / No I don't.) 2. Do you speak another language well?
3. Does your sister like pizza? (Yes she does. / No she doesn't.)
4. Does your friend like to eat pizza?
5. Do you have a brother or sister?
6. Does your father work in an office?
7. Can you play the guitar? (Yes I can. / No I can't.)
8. Can you drive a car?
9. Can your father drive a car?
10. Can you answer these questions easily?
11. Can French people speak French?
12. Is your friend a good singer? (Yes he is./Yes she is./No he isn't./No she isn't.)
13. Is today Friday?
14. Are you a good student? (Yes I am. / No I am not. / No I'm not.)
15. Are your friends tall?
16. Is your mother going to work today? (Yes, she is./No she is not./No she isn't.)
17. Is your dog big?
18. Are you going to stay home tonight? (Yes, I am. / No I am not. / No I'm not.)
19. Are you going to travel this year?
20. Will you practice all of these questions? (Yes I will. / No I won't.)
21. Will your friend help you study English?
22. Was yesterday Thursday? (Yes it was. / No it was not. / No it wasn't.)
23. Was your test difficult?
24. Were your parents from the same town or city? (Yes they were./No they weren't.)
25. Were your teachers helpful to you?

Total Visited

Flag Counter